Washington Monument Video

Friday, November 25, 2011

Tool 11 - final reflection and thoughts

Some of my favorite tools are animoto and and resources for ipod/ipad apps. I was wondering what I would actually do with the ipod in my classroom, and the idea that SBISD gave are great. Now I am excited to get the ipods. Also, I was trying to think of a way to share the pictures of the projects that we make throughout the year with parents without having to constantly print them. I love the idea of animoto because the students can create the movie and then I can share with the parents via email, saving ME time and money! This year my view on what a classroom should look like has changed alot. I often have students working on different things, using different resources and technology all at the same time. I thought that it would be chaos, but with proper guidance, modeling and expectations it is very do-able, even in 1st grade. I consider myself pretty web-savy, but did learn some new tools while going through the 11 tools.

2 comments:

  1. Technology certainly does save time, money and paper. It is at your fingertips and sending things to parents or others do not require a lot of preparation. Also you don't have to wonder if the student delivered the message or information because parents are receiving a response directly from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    Congrats on completing your 11 tools blog. Please take the assessment and your 11 tools will be complete.

    ReplyDelete